- 28 Dec 2022
- Shivani Kolash
Which is Better: Outsourcing or Remote hiring?
The world is constantly changing and so are the ways that businesses are run. New technologies, strategies, and business models have come into play and while these things can get people excited they also bring along a lot of concerns as well. One such area is the outsourcing vs remote hiring debate. While there are plenty of advantages to both models it has to be said that outsourcing services are better for the short term whereas remote working is more scalable for the long term to answer this question, we need to first understand what kind of work are you doing and why. However, let's first go into detail about how they differ from one another.
Outsourcing: Outsourcing is a process of hiring someone from outside the organization to do work. It can be done by hiring an individual or firm to work for you. In fact, it is better if you hire an independent contractor rather than trying to do the same job yourself. Outsourcing services allow you to focus on the core function of your company and not get bogged down by things that are not important. Outsourcing also helps in saving money because it does not require you to spend money on benefits, salaries, and wages. The biggest advantage of outsourcing is that it allows you to scale up as per the demands of your business without worrying about how much staff and resources you have at hand.
Remote Hiring: Remote hiring is when someone works from home or a remote location such as a co-working space or a call center. Remote workers are usually called remote employees or virtual employees. They tend to live out of their hometown due to factors like career progression, higher pay rates, better working conditions, etc. Remote work has increased over the years due to people preferring this type of working style over conventional office hours and office space etc
Read: Why You Should Consider Hiring a Virtual Assistant
Thus, the thought of what is better must be entering your thoughts. Outsourcing or remote Hiring? Consider that each has pros and cons:
1. Outsourcing allows you to focus on the core function: Outsourcing allows you to focus on the core function of your business. You can work on your core competency and let someone else handle the rest. IT outsourcing gives you peace of mind and lets you focus on what matters most – doing it right. Outsourced IT services are an effective way of scaling up your business without hiring additional employees.
2. Outsourcing is cost-effective: One of the advantages of outsourcing is that it is cost-effective. When we talk about IT outsourcing, we mean hiring people who are located in different countries and towns for performing different tasks. It allows you to buy low-cost services from different companies or countries. You can also get multiple bids for your project and choose the best one for you. This helps us save money because you don’t have to pay for their salary or benefits.
3. Remote hiring gives you a real-time track of progress: Remote hiring gives you a real-time track of progress. When you hire someone from outside, they will report directly to you and they will face no trouble in doing their job properly because they are not working under pressure like in an office environment where there are many things going on at once and deadlines are very tight which makes sure that everyone is running behind schedule.
4. Remote hiring provides access to instant communication: Remote hiring provides access to instant communication between virtual employees and clients/customers which makes it easier for both parties to work in sync and meet deadlines effectively there is no requirement to schedule a meeting in advance, even for minor questions or queries like in IT outsourcing.
5. Remote hiring when done right, can lead to high productivity: Remote hiring when done right, can lead to high productivity due to the fact that there are no distractions like office politics or routine work-at-home issues that may come up when you work from home as well as other issues like internet connection issues, etc which can hamper productivity in any way possible.
6. Project Quality: You cannot deny that if you outsource, the quality of your project may suffer because the person or team can be working on other projects. However, if you choose virtual hiring, you will have all of their attention, which automatically reduces the likelihood of mistakes.
7. Remote hiring is a good option if you have time in hand and want to get things done perfectly: Remote hiring is a good option if you have time in hand and want to get things done perfectly. Remote workers can work from their own place, which means they can work at night or on weekends without any hassle or distraction. If you need a project completed within the expected time period, Choosing an outsourcing company may be better than remote hiring.
Nutshell: Remote working and offshore outsourcing are two distinct methods of hiring. The most significant distinction between the two is that remote hiring involves hiring an employee who can work from anywhere in the world with an adequate internet connection, as opposed to outsourcing, which involves hiring someone for a specific project for a set amount of time.
Which is better, then? Well, that depends entirely on your needs and requirements. I hope the information above helped you decide which option is best for you.